According to Section 271B(1) of the Criminal Procedure Act 1977 (Act No. 51 of 1977) – a person may have their criminal record cleared if they meet the requirements. You will need to answer the following 6 questions in order for us to establish if you qualify:
1) Has 10 years lapsed after the date of the conviction for your offence(s)
2) Were you convicted of any other offence and sentenced to a period of imprisonment without the option of a fine during those 10 years
3) Was your fine over R20 000?
4) Were you convicted of a sexual offence against a child or person who is mentally disabled?
5) Is your name included in the National Register for Sex Offenders?
6) What were you convicted of?
WHAT IS EXPUNGEMENT OF A CRIMINAL RECORD?
WHEN CAN A PERSON APPLY FOR AN EXPUNGEMENT OF A CRIMINAL RECORD?
A PERSON WILL NOT QUALIFY IF:
IMPORTANT DOCUMENTS TO BE SUBMITTED WITH THE APPLICATION
STEPS DURING AN APPLICATION